The Peperomia Green (Peperomia obtusifolia) is a compact evergreen perennial which grows to approx. 30cm in height. It has cute thick glossy cupped leaves. Its perfect leaf design lends itself to be a semi-succulent variety due to its ability to retains water within its thick leaves. This reduces the frequency that it will require watering.
- Habitat: For a bushier plant, pinch tips through spring and summer months to encourage additional shoots to form. Prefers to be kept in warmer temperatures, and to be kept away from draughts.
- Light: Bright, indirect light.
- Water: Water from dry only. Leaf loss is a sign of over-watering.
- Soil: Use a peat-based soil. This plant has a small root base, therefore select a shallow pot to accommodate. Doing so will reduce the chance of water-logging the plant.
- Fertiliser: Is only required once a year, through its growing season.