The Peperomia Argyreia, also known as the Peperomia Watermelon, is a must have for any avid plant collector. The Peperomia Watermelon gets its name from its appearance as each of its leaves is green and silver-striped and looks very similar to the rind of a watermelon. It is an evergreen perennial that grows approx. 30cm in height. It needs very bright, indirect light to maintain its variegation on its leaves.
- Habitat: For a bushier plant pinch tips through spring and summer months to encourage additional shoots to form.
- Light: Bright, indirect light.
- Water: Water from dry only. Leaf loss is a sign of over-watering.
- Soil: Use well-drained mixed soil. Allow soil to dry out between waterings.
- Fertilizer: Only required once a year, through its growing season.